JOB OPPORTUNITIES: EVENT MANAGER
The Event Manager is responsible for overall event logistics, planning and execution. The Event Manager is also key to on-site event management.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual:
- with a strong interest and background in event planning and logistics
- with a desire to work with a dynamic and dedicated virtual team
- with an interest in substantial responsibilities
- who values excellence, integrity, trust, and collaboration
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Event logistics, including transportation and lodging
- Create timelines for each event, adhere to deadlines and ensure that others adhere to schedule.
- Site visits, venue selection and vendor management
- On-site event management
- Develop and manages event budgets
- Maintains databases of event participants and RSVPS including guests, sponsors, speakers and VIPS.
- Report and fulfill sponsorship benefits for client as needed
- Write invitation letters and briefing memos and reports
- Manage mailings
- Prepare full event briefing documents for client and key stakeholders
- Assist with client meetings and presentations
- Secure and schedule volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years work experience in event planning and management required
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of basic financial accounting and excel spreadsheets.
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
- Proficient with technology including Excel, MS Office products (word processing, spreadsheet, database and
- presentation software), and use of hardware (projectors, etc)
- Must have their own computer and cell phone
- Bachelor’s degree: Communications, PR, Business Administration, Theater or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Event, protocol and/or fundraising experience is desired
Skill and Attributes:
- Very detail oriented, self-motivated and fully engaged in the work
- Enthusiastic about our clients, our projects, and our mission
- Values ownership and responsibility
- Works collaboratively and has a get-it-done attitude
- Poised and professional, ability to interact with diplomacy and tact in public and with members of Congress, the Diplomatic Corps, high-ranking Military, celebrities, and other VIPS.
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Exhibits an interest in learning and growing their understanding and knowledge
This position is for an Independent Contractor. Independent Contractors file all tax information returns and pay all applicable taxes on that basis.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Michelle Rathbun, President
Chromis Event Strategies