What an amazing event. 10’s of embassies, 100’s of participants, multiple vendors and caterers, and lots of happy attendees. Without Michelle’s leadership and skill, this would not be our biggest event. Thank you for making this our biggest fundraising event of the year.CARE, USA
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization battling global poverty. Its three-day conference brought more than 1000 participants from around the country and honored the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day. The values and the branding of the organization, as well as the themes women’s empowerment inspired the look and feel of the event.
The conference’s gala dinner incorporated the CARE colors of yellow and orange, as well as the organization’s iconic “CARE Package”, here used as a table centerpiece. The “CARE Packages” were filled with fruit and vegetables which were later donated to a local D.C. charity, and reflected the organization’s values of sustainability and community partnership. The silhouette design of women was repeated on the walls, the invitations and conference materials, giving the whole event visual and thematic uniformity.
CARE’s primary goals for the event included Congressional advocacy, dignitary recognition, and donor stewardship. Chromis helped achieve these goals by:
- Careful coordination with a major corporate sponsor on VIP seating.
- Developed a program that acknowledged key donors and sponsors and recognized critical stakeholders.
- Engaging 77 embassies to host dinners for CARE donors and event sponsors.
Chromis Key Responsibilities:
- Managed gala for 1000 guests, plus Indian Ambassador’s dinner reception for 200 guests, including corporate sponsors, board members and donors,
- Coordinated logistics for 17 simultaneous dinners hosted by 17 different embassies, serving 300 guests.
- Responsible for event agendas, remarks, and executive briefing materials.
- Designed promotional and event materials, including invitations and printed programs.