This was impressive, even stunning! Thanks for the leadership…Jan C. Scruggs,
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund’s “Build the Center” Benefit Gala is an awards dinner designed to honor and recognize Vietnam veterans and generate awareness and funds for The Education Center at The Wall.
By combining elegant bunting, a patriotic color scheme, and a star-shaped ceiling pattern, we created a sophisticated patriotic atmosphere that, along with the Vietnam era-music, helped make it fun and relaxed. The video, photos and printed material were all designed to touch on the history of the war, as well as highlight those who fought, those who returned and those who waited for their loved ones.
Aside from raising funds, the goal of the event was to highlight Vietnam veterans and make them, their families and the families of all those who served in Vietnam feel honored and welcome. Chromis Events helped achieve these goals by:
- Recommending business attire and classic tunes from the 1960 and 70’s helped create a balance between a serious evening that was, at the same time, relaxed and fun.
- Writing a substantive and moving program, that included remarks from Vietnam veterans Governor Tom Ridge, Senator Chuck Hagel, Ambassador Robert Kimmitt, and Cardinal Edwin O’Brien.
- Engaging USO Entertainer Ann-Margret, who traveled with Bob Hope in Vietnam, and who added the perfect note to the evening, taking guests down memory lane and thanking Vietnam veterans for their service.
Chromis Key Responsibilities:
- Designing and executing a sit-down dinner for 350 guests, including members of Congress, members of the armed forces, veterans, corporate and individual donors.
- Writing the program script, agenda, and briefing materials.
- Producing all event collateral, including invitations and printed programs, table decor, and foyer decor.
- Collaboration with development team, stewarding individual and corporate event sponsors and celebrity guests.